A clean business property is fundamental for doing business. Despite this, many businesses face unique challenges in keeping their commercial property clean. When it comes to outsourcing Miami cleaning services, there are a few things your business should consider. Deciding what cleaning tasks to outsource will depend on your budget and business type.
Cleanliness in Business: How Does it Affect Sales?
When thinking about your company’s cleaning requirements, it’s important to realize that every business is unique. Cleaning an office building isn’t the same as cleaning an automotive workshop.
When establishing a cleaning schedule for your business, maintaining cleanliness standards is a priority. You should be asking yourself how often each part of your premises must be cleaned to ensure it’s presentable. If your company deals with edibles, or you operate in a medical industry this is even more important.
How Much Do Customers Value Cleanliness?
Cleanliness is essential to pass health inspections and attract new keep customers happy. But just how important is it, really? Would customers choose a business with an inferior product or service based solely on how clean the business property is?
The answer is yes. First impressions matter. Cleanliness is one of the fundamental things your business needs to compete. Consumers place high value on the way your business presents itself. Before considering whether your business is any good, people will look at whether you’ve got the basics right – such as a presentable business premises.
According to research conducted in 2017, approximately 9 out of 10 Americans say that the cleanliness of a business is an important factor when deciding whether they’ll return.
Areas of importance can include the cleanliness of public spaces, such as lounges, store fronts and restrooms – but can even extend to areas such as the parking lot and garden. Presentability matters on every level in business. Customers can overlook if one or two things aren’t entirely in place, but overall you must represent a sense of professionality in your company space.
Creating a Clean Brand
Another benefit of a clean business premises is that it helps your branding stand out. When it comes to branding, a polished appearance is fundamental. As mentioned above, customers notice when a business space isn’t up to snuff. As a result, not having a clean business premises will detract from your branding efforts.
If you’ve invested into creating a beautiful space for your company – you should do everything in your power to ensure your branding efforts aren’t lost under dust and rubble!
Outsourcing vs In-House Cleaning: When to Hire Miami Cleaning Services?
A lot of companies struggle to decide between outsourcing vs in-house cleaning. The amount of cleaning you outsource at your company will depend on a variety of things – the size of your company, your budget and your unique cleaning requirements, to name a few.
However, almost all businesses can benefit from certain commercial cleaning services. Even if you have full-time employees for day-today cleaning, there are some cleaning tasks that tend to fall through the cracks. Your business should consider outsourcing the following:
- Window cleaning: Whether you have a high-rise company building, or a simple storefront on the street, you need to keep your windows clean. It’s easy to forget to clean your windows, seeing as they’re literally meant to not be seen. You visit your commercial property every day, so if your windows gradually become dirtier, you might not notice the difference, the change isn’t profound enough to be noticed. But your customers visit your site every day. As a result, they’re more likely to notice if your windows are dirty.
- Pressure cleaning: There are different areas of your commercial property that might need pressure cleaning. Parking lots, concrete floors, warehouses and pavements are just a few of the areas that need to be pressure cleaned.
- Tough dirt buildup: If you have any area on your property where there’s tough dirt buildup, it’s a clear sign that your regular in-house cleaning isn’t effective in this area. Difficult areas could include greasy oven hoods in restaurants and even grease-stained walls in automotive shops.
Of all the cleaning tasks at your company, you’re most likely to need a cleaning service for the above. Booking regular scheduled cleanings with a Miami cleaning service is the best way to ensure your commercial property stays clean. You won’t need to remember when your windows or concrete floors need a proper clean again. The pressure cleaning company will keep track on your behalf and remind you when each appointment is due.
Should You Outsource All Your Cleaning?
As mentioned, there are some cleaning tasks that are best to outsource by scheduling appointments in advance. But what about routine cleaning? Unlike washing your windows and pressure cleaning, the choice of whether to hire a cleaning service is completely up to you.
There are several benefits to hiring a commercial cleaning service to clean your company space:
- Lower cost: Overall, it’s cheaper to hire a cleaning service to come in only as often as required. Some cleaning companies are also cheaper than others, so to some extent, you can shop around based on your budget. Hiring a full-time employee to clean means you’ll incur HR costs and accept responsibility for their workplace safety etc.
- Professionalism: Staff at cleaning companies are often trained and monitored, enabling them to deliver flawless results.
- Availability: An employee might take leave of absence for several reasons, such as illness, bereavement or a vacation – leaving you without a way to clean your business premises. When you hire a cleaning company, they will ensure they always have enough staff to clean your space.
If you avoid contractually obligating your business to a single cleaning company, outsourcing also offers the advantage of choice. There are countless cleaning companies to choose from, so if one doesn’t live up to your expectations, it’s easy to hire another instead.
On the other hand, there are instances where outsourcing your cleaning isn’t a good idea. Hiring a full-time employee can offer some advantages:
- Confidentiality: If you often work with confidential documents, or openly discuss restricted information at your premises, hiring an employee provides a better sense of security.
- Workload: There are instances where the cleaning at your company requires full-time staff. While a cleaning company could provide full-time cleaners, the cost might rapidly increase with workload. This is especially true if the cleaning at your company is so much, it would require multiple full-time cleaners every day.
- Special cases: Your company may have unique needs and require an individual who’s trained in cleaning certain things. For instance, hospitals and laboratories might need cleaners that are educated in maintaining superior hygiene standards and understand how to stay safe in these environments. Businesses where certain types of dirt and grime can be an issue, such as automotive workshops may also prefer to hire cleaners that are skilled in cleaning certain spaces.
One of the biggest concerns in hiring a cleaning service is quality control. While some cleaning services are much cheaper, you’ll often get what you pay for. That said, pricing doesn’t always determine little the quality of work a cleaning service will provide. When you hire fulltime employees, you can train your staff to deliver the results you expect.
How to Choose a Miami Cleaning Service?
When hiring a pressure cleaning company or window cleaning service, choosing is easier. Seeing as you can call in these services whenever you need, hiring a cleaning service once doesn’t mean you need to make use of them again. If you aren’t satisfied with the results of a pressure cleaning service, you can simply hire another next time around until you find one you like.
But it’s unnecessary to shop around in this way. It’s better to hire a reputable service than to try different pressure washing companies. Looking at online reviews is one way you can improve your chances of finding a good cleaning service in Miami.
For pressure cleaning and window washing services in Miami, you can rely on Kleanway. Call today to get a quote for your business.